.BOT Frequently Asked Questions
Chatbot and Botkit Overview
What is a chatbot?
A chatbot (or bot) is a conversational software program designed to chat with humans via voice or text.
Chatbots can be deployed in a variety of channels including popular voice and messaging platforms. The use cases are virtually endless, from automating common customer service queries, to providing touch points along the customer journey, to optimizing internal IT processes, to learning applications like language and enterprise soft skills, to games, toys, entertainment, and more.
What is a Botkit (or a Bot Builder)?
Build intelligent conversational agents on the leading platform
They offer an online web service for building and deploying chatbots. Over 300,000 chatbots have been built on the Pandorabots platform to date. Our goal is to provide the tools you need to let your imagination and your bots run wild! We also provide Professional Services including custom chatbot development for top global brands and larger enterprises, but this documentation should contain all the resources you need to build your own DIY bot.
Build natural and rich conversational experiences
Powered by Google’s machine learning and built on Google infrastructure, Dialogflow lets you give users new ways to interact with your product by building engaging voice and text-based conversational interfaces, such as voice apps and chatbots, powered by AI. Connect with users on your website, mobile app, the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Facebook Messenger, and other popular platforms and devices.
Conversational interfaces for your applications powered by the same deep learning technologies as Alexa
Amazon Lex is a service for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text. Amazon Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions. With Amazon Lex, the same deep learning technologies that power Amazon Alexa are now available to any developer, enabling you to quickly and easily build sophisticated, natural language, conversational bots (“chatbots”).
Enable engaging conversations seamlessly across 30+ channels using a Single API
Automate your conversations quickly and easily:
- Different tools for different people. Tools for coders and non-coders alike to simplify bot building.
- Choose from a list of pre-built bot templates, customize its content and instantly publish it.
- Launch a full functioning bot in minutes. Create your conversation flow with a graphical editor.
- Create detailed and advanced conversational bots using just point-and-click tools – no coding required.
- Build next – gen. intelligent bots that continuously learn and evolve based on your user queries.
Microsoft Bot Framewor
Build a great conversationalist.
Build, connect, deploy, and manage intelligent bots to naturally interact with your users on a website, app, Cortana, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Slack, Facebook Messenger, and more. Get started quick with a complete bot building environment, all while only paying for what you use.
- Log in to Dialogflow
- Go to Console
- On the left-hand side of the screen “Create New Agent”
- Name the agent the same as your bot name and click “Create”
- Your agent will now show up on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on the wheel next to your created agent
- Copy the Client Access Token.
- Your .bot name does not have to match your Agent name to register a .bot
- You do not have to deploy your agent to validate a .bot domain name
- Sign in to Pandorabots
- You can add a free account, but in order to deploy you must add a credit card
- On the left-hand side of the screen click the + (plus) sign to add a bot
- Name the bot and click “Create Bot”
- Go to the top right of the page with the person icon and clck
- Click on the “Account Page” in the drop-down
- On the API Settings tab you should see your bot
- On the right of the bot name, click on the “Deploy” button
- Copy User Key. and Application ID
- Sign in to Amazon Lex
- Create an AWS Cross Account Role so that we can call your bot.
- The role should be usable by our AWS account with the ID “545643940769”.
- When creating the role make sure to require an external ID and set it to “amzn1.account.AE7P3TXLX56JWND3JMQXBMQPTNHQ”.
- Once you have created your AWS Cross Account Role copy the ARN.
BOT Domain Registration Info
- Why do I need to validate with a botkit or bot builder?
Amazon Registry wants to make sure that .bot domains are used for the bot community. In order to ensure this, they have added botkit verification to their registration process.
- How many domain names can I register?
There is no limit to how many domain names you can register. However, you do need separate validation with a bot for each domain.
- Can I get one now?
If you qualify for the Limited Registration Phase, you can register today! Landrush runs until January 31, 2020.
Currently, anyone who owns, operates or manages bots published using a supported tool (Amazon Lex, Botkit Studio, Dialogflow, Gupshup, Microsoft Bot Framework, and Pandorabots) can validate a bot and register a .BOT domain name.
- What is General Availability
In General Availability, domain names can be registered on a “first come, first served” basis, unless the names are reserved, blocked, or premium names. You do not need a corresponding trademark to register .BOT domains at this point. General Availability starts when the Limited Registration Phase ends.
- Why EnCirca?
EnCirca was formed in 2001 in Boston, Massachusetts. As the leading ICANN Registrar for domain extensions intended for regulated industries, including: .BANK, .PHARMACY, .REALTOR, .TRAVEL, and .COOP, EnCirca is one of the few ICANN Registrars that have been SOC-2 certified for cyber-security practices. Value-add services include secure DNS, secure web forwarding, premium DNS hosting, TLS digital certificates, email authentication and secure website hosting.
- Why are some names premium?
A Premium Domain Name is a high value web address that has been reserved by the .boston Registry. These include popular keywords and generic terms that are highly searched for and/or brandable marketing terms and call-to-action phrases that create and drive web traffic.
- What other policies should I be aware of?
* Whois Privacy is not allowed
* Some names may be premium cost
* The .BOT Registry has reserved some names, which will not be available.